Over 100 recipes to help you enhance your WordPress site! with WordPress 3 Cookbook
- Take your WordPress site to the next level with solutions to common WordPress problems that make your site better, smarter, faster, and more secure
- Enhance your SEO and make more money online by applying simple hacks
- Rich with screenshots and practical tasks that you will find quite useful
WordPress 3 Cookbook
Using the WordPress Content Management System, you can create a beautiful, dynamic, and amazing website. WordPress is a flexible and powerful tool that’s ideal for creating both blog and non-blog websites. Are you feeling limited with WordPress, or are you wondering how popular blogs do a certain kind of thing that you can’t?
WordPress 3 Cookbook focuses on providing solutions to common WordPress problems so that you can translate your site to one of the best. The author’s experience with WordPress enables him to share insights on using WordPress effectively, in a clear and friendly way, giving practical hands-on solutions to WordPress problems, questions, and common tasks – from themes to widgets and from SEO to security.
With this update to the WordPress 2.7 cookbook, you will learn many WordPress 3 secrets and techniques, with step-by-step, useful recipes dedicated to achieving a particular goal or solving a particular problem.
You will learn to install and customize themes, work with plugins, customize content display, enhance interactivity with the user and build communities. Then, the book also teaches you to earn revenue through online sales and advertisements. You will also find recipes for SEO and enhancing usability, and the book finally winds up with information on the inevitable maintenance and security.
This book helps you to get solutions to common WordPress problems, to make your site better, smarter, faster, and more secure.
What you will learn from this book :
- Turn any free WordPress theme into a powerful and polished premium theme by changing colors and fonts, inserting your custom logo, and more
- Learn how plugins and widgets work, and how you can create your own
- Integrate popular services into your site including Twitter, facebook, and FeedBurner
- Learn proven techniques to attract more readers and comments
- Incorporate advertisements into your RSS feed and add a shopping cart to your site
- Tips and tricks to secure your site and optimize it for SEO
This is a Packt Cookbook, which means it contains step-by-step instructions to achieve a particular goal or solve a particular problem. There are plenty of screenshots and explained practical tasks to make comprehension quick and easy.
Who this book is written for
This book is not specifically for developers or programmers; rather it can be used by anyone who wants to get more out of their WordPress site by following step-by-step instructions. A basic knowledge of PHP/XHTML/CSS/WordPress is desirable but not necessary.