Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook
- Take advantage of all of the new features of Visual Studio 2012, no matter what your programming language specialty is!
- Get to grips with Windows 8 Store App development, .NET 4.5, asynchronous coding and new team development changes in this book and e-book
- A concise and practical First Look Cookbook to immediately get you coding with Visual Studio 2012
Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook
There’s a new technology wave coming, and for Microsoft this is reflected in Windows 8, HTML5 web development, .NET 4.5 and C++11. Riding that wave is a new version of their flagship development tool, Visual Studio 2012, and Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook has you putting the new features into practice from the get-go!
Among the exciting new features of Visual Studio 2012 is support for Windows 8, HTML5 and asynchronous development, as well as Team Foundation Server 2012 integration. Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook doesn’t waste time explaining what you already know from prior Visual Studio versions; instead you’ll see targeted and focused recipes on only new features so that you can get up to speed and back to work faster.
Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook empowers you to take advantage of all the new features in Visual Studio 2012 so that you can develop applications for the next technology wave.
And since most people don’t develop alone, you’ll also see how the new team development features of Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012 can help your whole team work smarter, not harder.
Time is short and you’re in a hurry, so Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook will help you discover what’s new by way of a simple recipe format that is quick and easy to digest.
What you will learn from this book
- Get practical straight away by searching within your code, using IntelliSense and other general Visual Studio 2012 improvements
- Learn how Visual Studio 2012 supports the changes in ASP.NET web development
- Take advantage of the CSS Editor improvements in the new release
- Discover the debugging enhancements in Visual Studio 2012 like debugging on remote machines and tablets and the Concurrency Visualizer
- Dive into Windows 8 Store Apps with application construction, packaging and verification
- Get to grips with the practicality of the new changes with .NET 4.5, such as improving communications with WCF and Visual Studio 2012
- Detect duplicate code and develop Portable Class Libraries
- Get up and running with the C++ comeback in Visual Studio 2012
- Tackle how to work with DirectX in Visual Studio 2012
Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook is a concise and practical cookbook with recipes which get you up and running straight away with all the new functionality of Visual Studio 2012.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer excited about the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2012, then no matter what your programming language of choice is, Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook is for you. You should have a good knowledge of working with previous versions of Visual Studio to enjoy the recipes in this book.