Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 24 Hours, 5th Edition
- Update ANSI SQL references to implement the newer 2008 ANSI Standard, which includes numerous fixes and clarifications to existing statements. The previous edition was based on 2003 ANSI Standards.
- Now covers Oracle and Microsoft implementations of SQL (in addition to the MySQL examples of the fourth editiion) so that any student can read the lessons and perform the exercises regardless of which SQL implementation they are using.
- New exercises and examples in order to make them completely up to date and relevant. This will include updating references to MySQL content as the 5.1 version of the database supports more ANSI compliant commands and modern database functionality.
- Add more advanced functions of modern day databases such as indexed views, binary data, and geospatial data – all of which are hot topics within the database world right now.
- Add sections to cover the topic of Object-Relational Mappers in three different varieties that allow for the mapping of data elements between systems, ie. data to object-oriented classes.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to use SQL to build effective databases, efficiently retrieve your data, and manage everything from performance to security! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn hands-on through practical examples.