Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (SISS) builds on the revolutionary database product suite first introduced in 2005. With this crucial resource, you will explore how this newest release serves as a powerful tool for performing extraction, transformation, and load operations (ETL). A team of SQL Server experts deciphers this complex topic and provides detailed coverage of the new features of the 2012 product release. In addition to technical updates and additions, the authors present you with a new set of SISS best practices, based on years of real-world experience that have transpired since the previous edition was published.
- Details the newest features of the 2012 SISS product release, which is the most significant release since 2005
- Addresses the keys to a successful ETL solution, such as using the right enterprise ETL tool and employing the right ETL architecture in order to meet the system requirements
- Includes additional case studies and tutorial examples to illustrate advanced concepts and techniques
An in-depth look at the radical changes to the newest release of SISS
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services is a valuable resource that meets the demands and high expectations of experienced SSIS professionals.
From the Back Cover
Practical solutions and best practices for getting the most out of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
The 2012 release of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) offers significant new and enhanced features that greatly expand the capabilities of this product but only if you know how to exploit them effectively. This book shows you how. It not only covers the latest features of the 2012 product release, it teaches you best practices for using them effectively. Each chapter includes helpful case studies and tutorial examples all based on years of the expert authors’ real-world experience to better illustrate concepts and techniques.
Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services:
- Explains how to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data with SSIS
- Covers each of the many SSIS tasks and Data Flow components
- Teaches you the most effective techniques for performance tuning SSIS
- Covers advanced techniques for data cleansing and incremental loads
- Shows how to load a data warehouse using built-in components in SSIS
- Covers best practices for manageability and scalability
WOW! eBook Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.