Professional C++, 2nd Edition
- Drills down the extensive changes to the latest C++ standard, C++11, including enhancements made to run-time performance, standard library, language usability, and core language
- Zeroes in on explaining the more poorly understood elements of the C++ feature set and addresses common pitfalls to avoid
- Includes case studies that feature extensive, working code that has been tested on Windows and Linux platforms
- Intertwines text with useful tips, tricks, and workarounds
Essential reading for experienced developers who are determined to master the latest release of C++
Although C++ is often the language of choice from game programming to major commercial software applications, it is also one of the most difficult to master. With this no-nonsense book, you will learn to conquer the latest release of C++. The author deciphers little-known features of C++, shares detailed code examples that you can then plug into your own code, and reveals the significant changes to C++ that accompany the latest release. You’ll discover how to design and build applications that solve real-world problems and then implement the solution using the full capabilities of the language.
Appeals to experienced developers who are looking for a higher level of learning
Packed with best practices for programming, testing, and debugging applications, this book is vital for taking your C++ skills to the next level.
From the Back Cover
Professional C++, 2nd Edition: Master the latest release of the C++ language: C++ 11
C++ is often the language of choice for writing fast, powerful, and enterprise-class object-oriented programs, be it games or major commercial software applications. However, there’s no two ways around it: C++ can be difficult to master. With this no-nonsense book, you will learn to conquer the latest version of the C++ language: C++11. The authors share real-world examples, decipher little-known features of C++, and reveal the significant changes to C++ that accompany the latest release. Ultimately, you’ll discover programming methodologies, reusable design patterns, and good programming style that will increase the quality of your code and improve your programming efficiency.
Professional C++, 2nd Edition:
- Offers detailed code examples that you can plug into your own code
- Takes you on a technical tour of C++ and the STL, and explores the unusual and quirky aspects of this language
- Exposes best practices for using the more advanced features of C++, including operator overloading, managing memory, writing templates, and writing multithreaded code
- Discusses techniques for writing cross-language and cross-platform code
- Teaches you the importance of code reuse as well as the nuances of writing readable C++ code
WOW! eBook Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Marc Gregoireis a Microsoft Visual C++ MVP, an active contributor to CodeGuru, and blogs at www.nuonsoft.com/blog/. Marc is a software architect, worked for Siemens and Nokia Siemens Networks as a software consultant, and now works for Nikon Metrology.
Nicholas A. Solter is an application architect at ContextOptional, Inc., a social media advertising company.
Scott J. Kleper is cofounder and CTO of ContextOptional, Inc.