Over 60 incredibly effective recipes to take you under the hood and leverage advanced concepts of the Play framework
- Make your application more modular, by introducing you to the world of modules.
- Keep your application up and running in production mode, from setup to monitoring it appropriately.
- Integrate play applications into your CI environment
- Keep performance high by using caching
- Learn how to leverage external APIs without letting your application go down on problems
- Use the play framework as a provider for your API systems
- Implement your own authorization mechanisms, and different output formats
The Play framework is the new kid on the block of Java frameworks. By breaking with existing standards the play framework tries not to abstract away from HTTP as most web frameworks do, but tightly integrates with it. This means quite a shift for Java programmers. Understanding these concepts behind the play framework and its impact on web development with Java are crucial for fast development of applications.