Design, implement, and support complex Oracle 11g R1/R2 RAC environments for real world deployments
- Understand sophisticated components that make up your Oracle RAC environment such as the role of High Availability, the RAC architecture required, the RAC installation and upgrade process, and much more!
- Get hold of new Oracle RAC components such as the new features of Automatic Storage Management (ASM), performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Packed with practical, real-world examples, expert tips and troubleshooting advice on how to administer a complex Oracle 11g RAC environment.
- Bonus Oracle 11g RAC R2 information included with this book and e-book
- This book is the updated release of our previous Oracle 11g R1/R2 Real Application Clusters Handbook. If you already own a copy of that Handbook, there is no need to upgrade to this book.
Oracle RAC or Real Application Clusters is a grid computing solution that allows multiple nodes (servers) in a clustered system to mount and open a single database that resides on shared disk storage. Should a single system (node) fail, the database service will still be available on the remaining nodes. Oracle RAC is an integral part of the Oracle database setup. You have one database with multiple users accessing it, in real time. This book will enable DBAs to get their finger on the pulse of the Oracle 11g RAC environment quickly and easily.