Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium
- Get to grips with extending SharePoint with a range of different tools in this comprehensive guide which draws on the value of five separate Packt SharePoint titles!
- Learn about developing and extending SharePoint through both step by step tutorial and cookbook chapters in this book and e-book.
- A mash-up book from a range of expert SharePoint professionals, and a total of five Packt titles – professional expertise distilled in a true sense.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium: The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint
The SharePoint platform is ideal for developers looking to build exciting solutions, and SharePoint 2010 is more equipped than ever for the task. While plenty of SharePoint titles will help you understand general SharePoint development techniques or spend time focusing on one method or tool, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium: The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint offers you the option of using four different tools and platforms to achieve exceptional end user experience.
This book fills the gap for a comprehensive SharePoint title which describes the end goal of a SharePoint developer. So often books focus on development techniques for one tool; this will get you on your way to developing a good business website with a great user experience, however, you choose to get there, be it using PowerShell, Visual Studio, Silverlight, Windows 7 Phone, or a combination of all four.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium: The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint is an exciting mash-up of five existing Packt SharePoint titles for extending development techniques.
It begins with two never before seen Packt chapters from an exciting new title, giving you a quick overview of the options available for extending SharePoint. It then moves on quickly to building a community site and discusses PowerShell scripting, as well as integrating Silverlight animations and helping you get to grips with SharePoint development on Windows Phone.
With this book in hand you won’t just find techniques for one development tool, you’ll learn how to reach your end goal of developing a site with great user experience using a number of options at your fingertips.
What you will learn from this book
- Utilize PowerShell to access advanced SharePoint 2010 functionality with external libraries
- Learn how to create custom PowerShell commands and Snap-Ins
- Discover the benefits of integrating Silverlight with SharePoint such as the Silverlight Toolkit
- Breathe life into business applications and complex workflows by creating a Silverlight RIA rendered in a SharePoint Visual Web Part
- Create a List Event Receiver with Visual Studio
- Gain a comprehensive introduction to programming in Windows Phone 7 and SharePoint including working with e-mail, contacts and calendars
- Get to grips with building SharePoint Pages for Windows Phone 7
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium: The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint takes a less discussion, more value approach to helping you learn all that you can about extending SharePoint. A medley of a total of five Packt books, each chapter has its own unique style so that you can learn not only from content written in a step by step tutorial style, but also from handbook and cookbook chapters.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer who would like to enhance your knowledge of SharePoint development to create sites with great user experience, don’t miss Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Compendium: The Best of Packt for Extending SharePoint. You should already be comfortable with general SharePoint development practices, though prior experience with PowerShell, Visual Studio, Silverlight and Windows 7 Phone is not a necessity.