Get LinkedIn and become part of the largest online network of professionals in the world!
When you know how to make the most of your profile, manage your contacts, and handle invitations effectively, you’ll go far. With more than 70 million members, LinkedIn presents an invaluable opportunity to make connections, find a job, get a better salary, market a business, attract investors, and much more. This second edition offers new advice to help you market yourself, grow your business, and take your professional network to all new levels. Veteran author Joel Elad introduces you to the key features of LinkedIn and explains how LinkedIn works.
- Explains how to join LinkedIn, build your profile, start your network, search and grow your network, request and write recommendations, and keep track of your LinkedIn activities
- Includes new and updated content on the latest LinkedIn features, tools, and trends in the market
- Offers tips for finding a job, employees, professional services, potential investors, and more
- Presents valuable advice for marketing yourself and your business, developing strategic partnerships, and cultivating sales leads
Don’t be left out-get LinkedIn-and start networking with the tips and advice shared in LinkedIn For Dummies, 2nd Edition!
From the Back Cover
Don’t be left out – get LinkedIn and join the largest online network of professionals in the world!
After you’re LinkedIn, you are part of a large, dynamic, and incredibly useful network of fellow professionals! When you know how to make the most of your profile, manage your contacts, and handle invitations effectively, you’ll go far. This book is packed with advice that will help you market yourself and find a job, an employee, an investor, or more business for your business!
- Looking over LinkedIn – understand how LinkedIn works and how it can help power your career
- Show your best side – develop a profile strategy and build your profile for maximum results
- Grow your network – search the network to find connections and send InMail and Introductions
- Your command console – import your contacts, expand your connections, and manage it all on your LinkedIn home page
- Leverage your connections – find and review applicants for a job opening, find a new job for yourself, or find a service provider
- Group psychology – discover the power of LinkedIn groups for promoting events or helping an organization
- Getting down to business – market your business, increase your sales, and even find investors and partners
- Career moves – traveling? moving to a new city? planning a career change? Build your network in advance, with LinkedIn
Open the book and find:
- Help with signing up and joining LinkedIn
- Advice for creating a profile that attracts connections
- Tips for requesting and writing Recommendations
- Secrets for generating and researching sales leads
- Steps for starting or joining LinkedIn groups
- How to post business questions to LinkedIn Answers
- Ways to use keywords to optimize your profile
- Ways to establish and effective network
- Create a LinkedIn profile that showcases your skills and attracts contacts
- Find and connect with former colleagues and new contacts
- Understand LinkedIn etiquetteand recruiting solutions
- Use LinkedIn to find a job, develop sales leads, and market your services
Joel Elad, MBA, is the head of Real Method Consulting, a company dedicated to educating people through training seminars, DVDs, books, and other media. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Facebook Advertising For Dummies, Starting an Online Business All-in-One For Dummies, and Web Stores Do-It-Yourself For Dummies.
LinkedIn For Dummies, 2nd Edition (393)