Learning Adobe Edge Animate
- Packed with an abundance of information regarding the Edge Animate application and related toolsets
- Robust motion and interactivity through web standards
- Those approaching Edge Animate from Adobe Flash Professional will find many references and tips for a smooth transition
- A comprehensive guide for creating engaging content with Adobe Edge Animate.
Learning Adobe Edge Animate
With the advent of HTML5 and CSS3, web designers can now create sophisticated animations without the need of additional plugins such as Flash. However, there hasn’t been an easy way for creating animations with web standards until now. This book enables even those with little knowledge of HTML or programming web content to freely create a variety of rich compositions involving motion and interactivity.
Learning Adobe Edge Animate begins with providing a complete overview of the shifting web landscape and the Edge Animate application. We then move on through the variety of panels and toolsets available, and explore the many options we have when creating motion and interactivity using Edge Animate.
The book presents the reasoning behind engaging, standards-based web content and how Edge Animate fills the need for professional tooling in this area. In the book, we’ll examine content creation, the importing of external assets, how to achieve fluid animation and advanced transitioning through the Edge Animate timeline. The book also covers some cool topics such as interactivity through Actions and Triggers, and it examines workflow options across Adobe Creative Suite applications. Sprinkled throughout the book are tips and references for those coming to Edge Animate from a background in Flash Professional. Towards the end of the book, the reader will explore a variety of more advanced topics such as the Edge Animate Runtime APIs and how Edge Animate can interface with other Creative Suite applications for a full workflow.
Whether the reader is coming to Edge Animate from Flash Professional or is totally new to motion graphics on the web, Learning Adobe Edge Animate will provide a solid foundation of motion and interactivity concepts and techniques along with a set of demo assets to build upon. In the end, you’ll have a firm grasp of what it takes to create engaging content for the web and the familiarity with Edge Animate to actually get it done!
What you will learn from this book
- Gain an understanding of the shifting Web landscape
- Effectively compare Adobe Edge Animate to Adobe Flash Professional motion tools
- Become familiar with all elements of the Edge Animate application interface
- Use the drawing tools in Edge Animate to create and manipulate elements on the Stage
- Import rich graphics for use in Adobe Edge Animate compositions
- Animate a range of elements with full transitioning through timeline keyframes
- Author a range of expressive compositions using nothing but web standards
- Become familiar with the Adobe Edge Animate Runtime APIs for deep manipulation of on-screen elements
- Apply other Adobe Creative Suite tools in your workflow to get the most out of Edge Animate
Learning Adobe Edge Animate is a practical, step-by-step tutorial on creating engaging content for the Web with Adobe’s newest HTML5 tool. By taking a chapter-by-chapter look at each major aspect of Adobe Edge Animate, the book lets you digest the available features in small, easily understandable chunks, allowing you to start using Adobe Edge Animate for your web design needs immediately.
Who this book is for
If you are interested in creating engaging motion and interactive compositions using web standards with professional tooling, then this book is for you. Those with a background in Flash Professional wanting to get started quickly with Adobe Edge Animate will also find this book useful.