- Create databases using Laravel’s migrations
- Learn how to implement powerful relationships with Laravel’s own “Eloquent” ActiveRecord implementation
- Learn about maximizing code reuse with the bundles
- Get started by building a useful real-world application
Laravel is fundamentally changing the PHP web-development landscape. Laravel is bringing the paradigm-shifts that PHP developers have been craving. We now can take control of our application architecture and advance our craft without needing to fight against our tools. Laravel’s philosophy is to provide a highly flexible architecture and an extremely expressive API while emphasizing PHP’s strengths and abstracting out its weaknesses. For these reasons Laravel is ideal for quickly creating high performance, robust applications. By providing developers with tools for automating tasks including database schema modification, CRUD operations, and testing we’re able to reduce our workload, application complexity, and human-error.
Laravel Starter is the ideal introduction to this game-changing framework. Learn best-practiced approaches to web-application development with Laravel from a seasoned professional.
It starts out by installing and configuring the framework step-by-step. Then you’ll use Laravel best-practices to create a private user administration system that is ready for real-world use. The later part deals with digging deep into Eloquent relationships, exploring the different relationship types and how Eloquent is working under-the-hood to simplify your life without forcing you to relinquish control. Exploring Laravel’s simple yet flexible authentication system, data validation, and filters allows you to easily run code before and after your controller actions. Finally, it discusses Laravel bundles, the most flexible PHP modular code implementation in its weightclass.
Focused on the how as much as the why, Laravel Starter gives you the tools to immediately begin creating professional web-applications with Laravel.
What you will learn from this book
- How to install and configure Laravel
- Creating and using Eloquent models
- How to understand and utilize Eloquent relationships
- Routing to controllers and closures
- Using Laravel’s authentication system
- Utilizing filters to secure your site’s private areas
- Learn how to use bundles to add functionality to your site
- Use Laravel’s validator class to validate your forms or anything else
- Use form and HTML helpers to abstract and ease working with some HTML elements
This book is a practical, task-based, step-by-step tutorial that demonstrates topics ranging from MVC code-separation, to code-modularity, to utilizing ActiveRecord for data abstraction which are explained from the ground-up to provide a strong framework of understanding for creating professional web-applications with Laravel.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for programmers familiar with PHP who are interested in learning the Laravel way of solving the common problems faced in their day to day work.