Java Programming, 6th Edition
- Uses clear language and easy-to-understand business examples for comprehensive coverage of Java and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Builds applications from the bottom up, facilitating a deeper understanding of concepts used in object-oriented programming.
- “Two Truths and a Lie” quizzes reinforce material covered in each chapter section.
- “You Do It” sections contain step-by-step exercises to illustrate concepts just learned, reinforcing the student’s understanding and promoting concept retention.
- Don’t Do It tips explain common errors made by beginners and help the student have a successful programming experience.
- Debugging Exercises help students see how others approach a problem, discover what kinds of errors might be made, and help students gain expertise in programming logic and syntax.
- “Game Zone” exercises provide appealing gaming programming experiences while reinforcing learning objectives.
- SAM Test bank available.
Java Programming, 6th Edition provides the beginning programmer with a guide to developing applications using the Java programming language. Java is popular among professional programmers because it can be used to build visually interesting GUI and Web-based applications. Java also provides an excellent environment for the beginning programmer – students can quickly build useful programs while learning the basics of structured and object-oriented programming techniques.