- See a picture of the graph you want to make and find a ready-to-run script to produce it
- Working examples of using gnuplot in your own programming language… C, Python, and more
- Find a problem-solution approach with practical examples enriched with good pictorial illustrations and code
gnuplot is the world’s finest technical plotting software, used by scientists, engineers, and others for many years. It is in constant development and runs on practically every operating system, and can produce output in almost any format. The quality of its 3d plots is unmatched and its ability to be incorporated into computer programs and document preparation systems is excellent.
gnuplot Cookbook – it will help you master gnuplot. Start using gnuplot immediately to solve your problems in data analysis and presentation. Quickly find a visual example of the graph you want to make and see a complete, working script for producing it. Learn how to use the new features in gnuplot 4.4. Find clearly explained, working examples of using gnuplot with LaTeX and with your own computer programming language.
You will master all the ins and outs of gnuplot through gnuplot Cookbook.
You will learn to plot basic 2d to complex 3d plots, annotate from simple labels to equations, integrate from simple scripts to full documents and computer progams. You will be taught to annotate graphs with equations and symbols that match the style of the rest of your text, thus creating a seamless, professional document. You will be guided to create a web page with an interactive graph, and add graphical output to your simulation or numerical analysis program.
Start using all of gnuplot’s simple to complex features to suit your needs, without studying its 200 page manual through this Cookbook.
What you will learn from this book
- Control the exact appearance of your graph
- Create illustrations out of multiple plots
- Rearrange your data before plotting
- Create professional quality technical documents with beautiful illustrations
- Add graphical output to your computer programs, in any language
- Make web pages with interactive graphs
Written in Cookbook style, the reader will be taught the features of gnuplot through practical examples accompanied by rich illustrations and code. Every aspect has been considered to ensure ease of understanding of even complex features.
Who this book is for
Whether you are an old hand at gnuplot or new to it, this book is a convenient visual reference that covers the full range of gnuplot’s capabilities, including its latest features. Some basic knowledge of plotting graphs is necessary.