- Use best practice design patterns including MVC, templates, and data synchronization
- Create simple, effective user authentication including Facebook and Twitter integration
- Learn the time-saving techniques of Meteor to code powerful, lightning-fast web apps in minutes
You will learn about reactive programming and how Meteor takes advantage of the latest web technologies. You will gain a solid understanding of what the best design patterns are for developing web apps, and when to use them. You will learn how Meteor uses HTML templates and NoSQL (document-based) databases together to make coding applications simple and fun. Finally, you’ll gain best practices for security and performance, making your web applications fast, secure, and easy to use. If you want to build a web application but hate how difficult it seems to be, this book will show you the easy way to build and deploy modern web apps.
This book will teach you everything you need to know to get up and running with Meteor, and start you on your way to becoming an expert web applications developer.
What you will learn from this book
- Leverage reactive programming and live HTML in modern web applications
- Design and implement MongoDB/NoSQL databases
- Develop fast, simple web interfaces with HTML templates (Handlebars)
- Use design patterns effectively, including MVC/MVVM and Publisher-Subscriber
- Use local and server synchronization to make apps more user-friendly
- Structure an application for performance and security
- Leverage and integrate user authentication systems (Facebook and Twitter)
- Implement third-party packages and add-ons such as Bootstrap and jQuery
- Deploy and administer Meteor applications
Who this book is for