- Get powerful FreeSWITCH features to work for you
- Route calls and handle call detailing records
- Written by members of the FreeSWITCH development team
FreeSWITCH is an open source telephony platform designed to facilitate the creation of voice, chat, and video applications. It can scale from a soft-phone to a PBX and even up to an enterprise-class softswitch.
In the FreeSWITCH Cookbook, members of the FreeSWITCH development team share some of their hard-earned knowledge with you in the book’s recipes. Use this knowledge to improve and expand your FreeSWITCH installations.
The FreeSWITCH Cookbook is an essential addition to any VoIP administrator’s library.
The book starts with recipes on how to handle call routing and then discusses connecting your FreeSWITCH server to the outside world.
It then teaches you more advanced topics like CDR handling, practical examples of controlling FreeSWITCH with the event socket, and configuring many features commonly associated with a PBX installation.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure users and phones as well as connections to VoIP providers and even Google Voice
- Control FreeSWITCH remotely with the powerful event socket interface
- Route inbound and outbound calls
- Handle call detail records, which includes inserting CDRs into a database
- Enable text-to-speech conversion in your voice applications
- Monitor calls via the FreeSWITCH Web interface
This is a problem-solution approach to take your FreeSWITCH skills to the next level, where everything is explained in a practical way.
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator, hobbyist, or someone who uses FreeSWITCH on a regular basis, this book is for you. Whether you are a FreeSWITCH expert or just getting started, this book will take your skills to the next level.