Drupal Rules How-to
- Leverage the power of Rules and Views Bulk Operations
- Re-use configurations using Components
- Create your own Events, Conditions and Actions
Drupal Rules How-to
Rules is what every Drupal site builder and developer has to use when creating event – action-based applications. The framework provides a highly flexible way to create sophisticated, condition-based functions any Drupal based system into an interactive application. Rules makes Drupal rule the CMS world.
Drupal Rules How-to is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a number of clear step-by-step exercises, which will help you take advantage of the real power of the Rules framework, and understand how to use it on a site builder and developer level
This book demonstrates the power and flexibility of the Rules framework. It discusses the main aspects of the module both from the site builder and developer perspective, from basic and advanced Rule configurations using Events, Conditions, Actions and Components to getting familiar with the Rules API.
You will also learn how to use additional modules together with Rules to further extend the possibilities of your Drupal system, such as Rules Scheduler to schedule the execution of your Rule configurations and Views Bulk Operations to execute Rule configurations on a view result list. The book also demonstrates the main API features that enable you to create your own Events, Conditions and Actions, provide new data types to Rules and execute your configurations programmatically.
What you will learn from this book
- Getting familiar with the user interface
- Creating reaction rules using Events, Conditions and Actions
- Re-using configurations using Components
- Debugging Rule configurations
- Using Loops and Lists
- Extending Rules using other modules like Views Bulk Operations and Flag
- Creating your own Events, Conditions, and Actions
- Executing Rule configurations programmatically
This book is a practical, task-based, step-by-step tutorial that starts in a simple way, identifying disk device partitions, and culminates with advanced tasks such as preparing for new operating systems.
Who this book is for
This book is for Drupal site builders and developers who want to take full advantage of the Rules framework’s power and flexibility. Readers of this book should be familiar with the Drupal 7 user interface.