Developing Android Applications with Flex 4.5: Building Android Applications with ActionScript
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on mobile apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework. Move quickly from a basic Hello World application to complex interactions with Android APIs, and get complete code examples for working with Android device components-GPS, camera, gallery, accelerometer, multitouch display, and OS interactions. No matter how much Flex experience you have, this book is the ideal resource.
- Use Flash Builder 4.5 to create and debug a Flex Mobile project
- Choose a layout option to determine which files Flash Builder auto-generates
- Select permissions that control which devices can install your app from the Android Market
- Explore APIs that enable your app to interact with specific Android OS features
- Learn how to read and write text files, browse the file system for media files, and create and write to an SQLite database
- Use the URLRequest class to open your app in the browser, place calls, and create emails and text messages
- Load web and video content into your app with StageWebView
- Publish your app to an Android installer file with Flash Builder
Ready to put your ActionScript 3 skills to work on mobile apps? This hands-on book walks you through the process of creating an Adobe AIR application from start to finish, using the Flex 4.5 framework.