Business Intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Dive into the business intelligence (BI) features in SharePoint 2010-and use the right combination of tools to deliver compelling solutions. This practical guide helps you explore several BI application services available in SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2. You’ll learn each technology with step-by-step instructions, and determine which ones work best in specific BI scenarios-whether you’re a SharePoint administrator, SQL Server developer, or business analyst.
- Choose the BI tools that meet your needs and learn how they work together
- Examine the BI lifecycle, from determining key performance indicators to building dashboards
- Take Microsoft Excel® further gain more control and functionality with web-based Excel Services
- Mash up data from multiple sources using PowerPivot for Excel 2010
- Create data visualizations with objects, context, and metrics using Microsoft Visio® Services
- Build dashboards, scorecards, and other monitoring and analysis tools with PerformancePoint® Services
- Use SharePoint to view BI reports side by side, no matter which tools were used to produced them
Get the big picture on Business Intelligence solutions available in Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010, and choose which services meet your needs. With this insightful guide, you’ll learn about Excel® Services, PerformancePoint® Services, Visio® Services, and more.