Over 80 practical recipes for creating stunning graphics and effects with the fascinating Away3D engine
- Invaluable tips and techniques to take your Away 3D applications to the top
- Reveals the secrets of cleaning your scene from z-sorting artifacts without killing your CPU
- Get 2D objects into the 3D world by learning to work with TextField3D and extracting graphics from vector graphics
- Learn essential topics like collision detection, elevation reading, terrain generation, skyboxes, and much more
- Gain an exclusive and practical introduction to Molehill, the next generation of 3D APIs for the Flash platform – by creating a rotating sphere from scratch.
- Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Three dimensions are better than two and it’s not a secret anymore that 3D is here to stay. Gone are the days when Flash was just used for 2D animations. In the last few years online Flash content has undergone a revolution with the introduction of real-time 3D engines for Flash. Away3D is the big daddy of them all which makes it the ultimate resource for top-rated 3D content development and for powering today’s coolest games and Flash sites. Away 3D 3.6 Cookbook is your answer to learning all you need to take your Flash or Away3D skills to the next level and having fun doing it.