Apple Motion 5 Cookbook
- Easy to follow, hands-on instructions that simplify the learning process
- Lots of in-depth information for FCPX users looking to integrate more motion graphics into their projects
- Learn keyboard shortcuts that will save you hours and navigate Motion’s interface like an expert
Apple Motion 5 Cookbook
Let’s face it, people like images that move. Whether you see images on a moving billboard, walk into a bank with an LCD screen, watch TV, or surf the Web, motion graphics are everywhere. With an even greater demand to integrate motion graphics in just about every type of video or interactive content there is, this book will help you get there with Motion 5. It’s all about creating eye-catching titles, transitions, and effects!
Apple Motion 5 Cookbook contains exercises for the beginner and seasoned motion graphics user. You will learn how to navigate Motion’s interface and quickly grasp the tools available to you while creating sophisticated and sleek animations in both 2D and 3D environments. Not forgetting visual effects, we will also explore motion tracking and green screen techniques that will help you composite like a pro. Let’s launch the application, grab a cup of coffee, and get started on this exciting journey!
The exercises will take you right from creating your very first Motion project through to export. You will learn how to navigate quickly and efficiently through Motion’s complex interface and toolsets so that you can focus oncreating your masterpiece!
You will learn how to create a new project and import material into that project from the File Browser and Motion’s vast and rich content library. From there, you will learn to manipulate and animate these source files using Motion’s behaviors, classic keyframing techniques, adding filters, and master the built-in tools such as particle systems that will knock your socks off! Last but not least, you will export your projects to a variety of different formats including DVD, as a Final Cut Pro generator, and the Web.
The Apple Motion 5 Cookbook contains downloadable content for each chapter and is packed with screenshots and illustrations. After reading this book, you’ll be creating motion graphics and visual effects in no time!
What you will learn from this book
- Import Media using the File Browser including Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Finish projects by using only what’s available to you in Motion’s vast content library
- Build complex animations without ever having to add a keyframe
- Create incredible particle systems from any source file with the click of a button
- Add cameras, lights, reflection and depth of field to your scene
- Make your text animate in seconds using one of several built-in behaviors
- Use Motion’s keyer on greenscreen clips with ease
- Create beautiful transition, effects, and titles to use directly in FCPX
Step-by-step, practical recipes to build simple and complex motion graphics with Motion 5
Who this book is for
Apple Motion 5 Cookbook is designed for Final Cut Pro X video editors and Motion 5 users looking to gain more knowledge of how Motion works, and to get more of a ‘WOW’ factor in projects. It’s also aimed at designers and motion designers alike, who are looking to build on their skillsets.