Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide
- Learn to use Adobe’s newest application to create engaging motion and rich interactivity
- Add motion and interactivity to your websites using Web standards
- A quickstart guide for creating engaging content with Adobe Edge
Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide
With the advent of HTML5 and CSS3, web designers can now create sophisticated animations without the need of additional plugins such as Flash. However, there hasn’t been an easy way for creating animations with web standards until now. This book enables even those with little knowledge of HTML or programming web content to freely create a variety of rich compositions involving motion and interactivity.
Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide begins with an overview of the shifting web landscape and the Edge application. We then move on through the variety of panels and toolsets available, and explore the many options we have when creating motion and interactivity using Edge.
The book presents the reasoning behind engaging, standards-based web content and how Edge fills the need for professional tooling in this area. In the book we’ll examine content creation and how to achieve fluid animation and advanced transitioning through the Edge timeline. Sprinkled throughout the book are tips and references for those coming to Edge from a background in Flash Professional.
Whether you are coming to Edge from Flash Professional or are totally new to motion graphics on the web, Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide provides a solid foundation of motion and interactivity concepts and techniques along with a set of demo assets to build upon.
What you will learn from this book
- Gain an understanding of the shifting Web landscape
- Effectively compare Adobe Edge to Adobe Flash Professional motion tools
- Become familiar with all elements of the Edge application interface
- Use the drawing tools in Edge to create and manipulate elements on the Stage
- Import rich graphics for use in Adobe Edge compositions
- Animate a range of elements with full transitioning through timeline keyframes
- Author a range of expressive compositions using nothing but web standards
Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide is a practical guide on creating engaging content for the Web with Adobe’s newest HTML5 tool. By taking a chapter-by-chapter look at each major aspect of Adobe Edge, the book lets you digest the available features in small, easily understandable chunks, allowing you to start using Adobe Edge for your web design needs immediately.
Who this book is for
If you are interested in creating engaging motion and interactive compositions using web standards with professional tooling, then this book is for you. Those with a background in Flash Professional wanting to get started quickly with Adobe Edge will also find this book useful.